Community Planning and Capital
- Coordinates community land use and infrastructure plans with 5-year planning updates.
- Assists in capital planning and funding negotiations.
- Participates in project teams for major capital projects.
- Provides project management on selected projects.
- Provides training in contracting and project management to First Nations members.
- Advises and assists in contracting and engineering services.
- Conducts surveys and community mapping.
- Maintains an inventory of community facilities and assets through the Capital Asset Inventory System (CAIS) and housing databases, updated yearly.
- Coordinates Asset Condition Reporting System (ACRS) with 5-year updates.
- Updates Capital Management Data Base (CMDB) yearly.
- Provides technical support to capital projects and management.
- Updates housing maps.
- Developing a Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Conducts Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying.
- Provides computer-assisted drafting and design services.
(l – r) Richard Piska, Richard Moosemay, Scot McHarg, Frank Bighead, Ian Startup, Jeffery Iron, Vince Genereaux
- Conducts site and code compliance inspection for new housing and renovations.
- Conducts CMHC inspections.
- Conducts plumbing inspections.
- Provides housing design and specifications.
- Provides assistance and advice in housing capital.
- Coordinates and conducts training of First Nations housing coordinators in contracting and construction.
- Provides technical advice on engineering construction and building design issues.
- Advises in the maintenance of water/sewer and building systems.
- Responds to emergency repair services requests.
- Maintains computerized Maintenance Management System (MMS) including records of maintenance and equipment inventories for each community.
- Provides training and advice to First Nations maintenance staff.
- Conducts new Home Owner’s Workshops.
- Provides Building Systems Maintenance Training.
- Health Centre maintenance program.
- Infrastructure Training.
Fond Du Lac Firefighters
(back row) Richard Kent, Scot McHarg, Georgie MacDonald (front row) Justin Mercredi, Ronny Aguier, Archie Toutsaint, Lonnie Augier, Derrick Cook
Emergency and Protective Services
- Conducts inspections of housing and first nation facilities for fire and safety hazards compliance to National Building Code, National Fire Code and other environmental and specifications standards.
- Assists in Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) plans.
- Conducts fire education programs.
- Coordinates training programs for structural fire fighting.
- Performs fire investigations.
- Assists in setting up and reorganizing fire departments.
- Gives advice on what type and quantity of fire fighting equipment to purchase.