Emergency and Protective Services
- Conducts inspections of housing and first nation facilities for fire and safety hazards compliance to National Building Code, National Fire Code and other environmental and specifications standards.
- Assists in Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) plans.
- Conducts fire education programs.
- Coordinates training programs for structural fire fighting.
- Performs fire investigations.
- Assists in setting up and reorganizing fire departments.
- Gives advice on what type and quantity of fire fighting equipment to purchase.